Monday, April 28, 2014

A Walk in the Woods

Yes, I finally got out for my little commune with nature!  Yeah!!  Now, my walk in the woods wasn't as extensive as Bill Bryson's, though, it was just as enjoyable!  I wasn't able to go to my little secret, out of the way spot; someone was already there.  :(   So I found another spot that I like to go to.  I went to the North Pond of Nolde Environmental Education Center.  We locals just call it Nolde Forest, in fact, I grew up on the other side of the next mountain over.  Anyway, I was a bit disappointed....usually when I go to the North Pond, there is usually a water snake sunning itself nearby, but not today.  Instead, I got pretty excited about finding a wildflower I've never seen!  From what I found in my field guide, it is a trout lily, very beautiful!  It's the yellow one in the collage.  There was also a field of skunk cabbage about as far as the eye could see!  I was hoping to catch them in flower, however, as I expected, it was too late.

Starting from top left and working my way around:  One of the trails near the North Pond, marsh blue violet, lichen and moss, my pretty trout lily?, and overturned tree, and a turtle (probably a snapper) sunning himself.

Oh, and yes, I did take off my Birkies, and felt the warm energy from the Earth!  I feel like a new woman!

I wish you a day full of peace, and love!

No comments: