Saturday, June 12, 2010

Strawberry Coffee Cake Recipe

I cannot take credit for this recipe...I found it while searching the web, and thought it sounded absolutely wonderful....and guess what, it is!   I made it Friday night, and about 1/3 of it's gone, thanks to me!  LOL 
Anyway, for the important stuff...I found this recipe at  About.com Southern Food...Here's the recipe, along with my tweaks, which are in parenthesis ( ).  Enjoy!   Oh, it's pretty quick to make, and easy!  You don't even have to break out the electric mixer, just use a wooden spoon!

STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE
1 cup sifted flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk (I use fat free milk)
1 egg
2 tablespoons melted butter
1- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced (drizzled with a little honey)

Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
(1/4 teaspoon  of cinnamon)
(1/4 cup chopped pecans)

   Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.  Add Milk, egg, and melted butter.  Stir together till mixed.
Pour into a greased 9x9 inch baking pan.  layer strawberries on top of batter.

Make topping by mixing all ingredients, except pecans,  in a bowl until the texture is crumbly.  Mix pecans into the topping.  Sprinkle on top of the coffee cake.

Bake at 375 F.  for about 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is done. 

Enjoy!!

No comments: